SPRIselect for Size Selection
Purify DNA fragments of the desired size for library preparation using our proprietary SPRI paramagnetic bead-based chemistry, which provides:
- Tunable fragment size selection to suit specific applications
- Predictable, consistent size selection between runs and reagent lots
- Compatibility with manual and automated processing
Need a certificate of analysis (COA)? Use the search bar at the top of the page and search your lot number.
SPRIselect Genomic Products
SPRIselect Left Workflow
SPRIselect Right Workflow
SPRIselect chemistry speeds and simplifies nucleic acid size selection for fragment library preparation for next-generation sequencing.
SPRIselect allows tunable size selection from 150 to 800 base pairs to adjust to specific workflow needs.
SPRIselect yields consistent size selections without bead calibration between reagent lots.
Suitable for manual or automated workflows - the SPRIselect method can be run on a variety of Biomek platforms that offer minimal hands-on time.
|Application Uses||Purification & Clean-up, Nucleic Acid Sample Prep, DNA Size Selection, RNA Size Selection, PCR Clean-up, NGS Clean-up, PCR clean-up|
|Starting Sample Material||Nucleic Acid|
|Item Specifications Referenced||B23318|
Greenwald, W. W., Li, H., Benaglio, P., Jakubosky, D., Matsui, H., Schmitt, A., . . . Frazer, K. A. (2019, March 5). Subtle changes in chromatin loop contact propensity are associated with differential gene regulation and expression. Nature Communications, 10(1054), 1-17. doi:https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-08940-51
- Size Selection of Libraries
Kubo, M., Nishiyama, T., Tamada, Y., Sano, R., Ishikawa, M., Murata, T., . . . Hasebe, M. (2019). Single-cell transcriptome analysis of Physcomitrella leaf cells during reprogramming using microcapillary manipulation. Nucleic Acids Research, 47(9), 4539–4553. doi:10.1093/nar/gkz1811
- Used on cDNA Libraries
Behera, V., Stonestrom, A. J., Hamagami, N., Hsiung, C. C., Keller, C. A., Giardine, B., . . . Blobel, G. A. (2019, April 9). Interrogating Histone Acetylation and BRD4 as Mitotic Bookmarks of Transcription. Cell Reports, 27, 400–415. doi:10.1016/j.celrep.2019.03.0571
- Used on ChIP-seq Libraries
SPRIselect vs. AMPure XP Feature Comparison
|Stable at room temperature||Stable at 4oC|
|QC'd for size selection||QC'd for recovery|
|Suggested for use in library construction kits||Suggested for use in library construction kits|
SPRIselect and AMPure XP
- Can be substituted for each other in clean-up applications
- Use the same sample to bead ratios
- Are suggested for use by the most well-known library construction kit manufactures:
- Illumnia®, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc (IDT), Swift Biosciences, etc.
- Both have identical work flows
- Stability at room temperature allows:
- Start clean-up steps without calibrating to room temperature
- Frees up 4⁰C storage space
- Quality control for size selection allows:
- Trust that lot to your size selection steps are accurate
- Accurate and consistent size selection from lot to lot
1. Disclaimer: Beckman Coulter makes no warranties of any kind whatsoever express or implied, with respect to this protocol, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability or that the protocol is non-infringing. All warranties are expressly disclaimed. Your use of the method is solely at your own risk, without recourse to Beckman Coulter. Not intended or validated for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions. This protocol is for demonstration only, and is not validated by Beckman Coulter.